Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Psalm 22 - A Prophecy at the Cross

A Prophecy of Christ at the Cross.

Psalm 22 prophecies the suffering Jesus had at the cross. It describes the spiritual, emotional and physical agony He experienced that day.

(Psa 22:1) My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me? Why are You so far from helping Me, And from the words of My groaning?
(Psa 22:7) All those who see Me ridicule Me; They shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying,
(Psa 22:8) "He trusted in the LORD, let Him rescue Him; Let Him deliver Him, since He delights in Him!"
(Psa 22:13) They gape at Me with their mouths, Like a raging and roaring lion.

(Psa 22:14) I am poured out like water, And all My bones are out of joint; My heart is like wax; It has melted within Me.

(Psa 22:15) My strength is dried up like a potsherd, And My tongue clings to My jaws; You have brought Me to the dust of death.

(Psa 22:16) For dogs have surrounded Me; The congregation of the wicked has enclosed Me. They pierced My hands and My feet;

(Psa 22:17) I can count all My bones. They look and stare at Me.

(Psa 22:18) They divide My garments among them, And for My clothing they cast lots.

Just a few verses and I encourage you to read the whole chapter this week.

1 comment:

Thainamu said...

At your suggestion I read Psalm 22 last evening. Amazing that the little details like gambling over Christ's clothes were prophesied and then brought to pass. More evidence that the Bible is God's message and just a human one.