Thursday, January 12, 2006

I just got an external hard drive! Seagate 160g's

I work on a Dell Inspirion 9100 and the hard drive is a little over 55g. Well... I have quickly filled this drive and was constantly having to burn cd's just to have room to work. (My camera takes rather large files, especially the raw files and adding the digital camcorder files has really pushed it to the limits. I'm sure many of you can relate!)

Anyway... the reason I started this post is that I'm asking for any tips you can give through your experiences using external drives. I know there's bound to be many.

Thanks!! I'll keep you posted in case anyone is looking at the same thing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jill, love all your pictures! Am enjoying visiting your site from time to time. When are we gonna see ya' again?!?! Luv ya', Carrie

wildpic said...

just treat ur external like any other internal drive, simply use it ... its fantastic to have extra space. just remember to organise the folders n data. back up all important files. enjoy jill !

kasia & marcin said...

You can find a lot of info about storage in forums at www.dpreview.com.

jason said...

I use my 250GB external HD as a daily incremental backup to my 200GB internal HD. It takes some time to get setup, but it's worth it in the end. Remember that a HD can fail at any time. I've had one die on me. Since that, I've started replacing them when they start making weird noises.

Jessica Harwood said...

Hey, I guess you'd have to be careful what you say around your parrot:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/01/17/uk.parrot/index.html